Packing and Unpacking
- Quick & clear pricing
- No hidden costs or hassle
- Check our calendar for availability
- Fit your move to your budget
- Qualified follow up to ensure accurate pricing
Why use packing services?
In-house trained packing crews
Your move is important to us. That is why we provide our own crews, trained in-house and up to our standard of care. By training our crews ourselves, it means we can promise quality, optimized packing techniques that will save you time and hassle. It also means your items will be properly protected during the move, so you can be sure they will make it to your new home safely.
Flexible options for any need
Whatever level of packing you need, our team can quickly and easily accommodate. Interested in a DIY move? You do the packing, and we can step in when it’s time to pack, protect and load the larger items. Only need some items or rooms packed up? Our team will get to work packing up whatever items you don’t want to, all the way up to full-service packing where we expertly prep every item in your home.
Affordable and time saving
Your move, your way means that you can make the choice that best fits your moving budget and need. Our packing options include:
- Our expertly trained crew
- Hours of time saved
- Top of the line packing materials and boxes
- Optimized packing to save space
- No papercuts!
Packing and unpacking FAQs
Most packing and moving companies recommend that you begin packing at least three weeks before your move date, but four to six weeks in advance is even better.
Our team of professionals has prepared a local moving checklist that can help you stay on track and be ready to go on moving day. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Four to six weeks before you move, get a quote for packing services from several packing companies, decide which items you want to keep, and take care of any repairs or cleaning required by buyers or inspectors.
- Three to four weeks in advance of your move, file a change of address with the post office, arrange service transfers for internet and cable services, and make moving day plans for kids and pets.
- Two weeks before you move, collect important documents that you'll need, such as medical records and insurance papers, and prepare a sketch of your new home so that movers will know where heavy items should go.
- One week before moving day, finish packing all rooms, double-check storage areas such as attics and garages and confirm your moving date and time with your moving and packing team.
It's easy to become overwhelmed when everything you own is in boxes and you don't know where to start, but there are ways to stay in control. Our local movers and packers offer this advice:
- Make sure all your boxes are in the rooms where their contents will go.
- Unpack room by room, staying with each one until it's done. The kitchen is most likely the best place in which to begin so that you can put together a quick meal instead of having to spend money on takeout or delivery. Your bedroom and main bath can be tackled next.
If you didn't already pare down your belongings before you moved, declutter and purge as you go along. Sort your items according to whether they should be kept close at hand, in closets or the attic, given to family or friends, donated, or discarded.
The answer depends on whether you're making a DIY move or using professional packers and movers. It will also depend on how many rooms you have to pack, and whether you've already sorted through your items and decided on what to keep and what to get rid of.
For a do-it-yourself move, here's a general guideline based on the size of the home you're packing and assuming you're maintaining a good pace:
- One to two days for a studio or small one-bedroom apartment
- Two to three days for a two-bedroom home
- Four days to a week to pack up a home with more than two bedrooms
If you're hiring a packing and moving service, the company's crew may be able to cut the above timeframes in half. As for unpacking, professionals can unpack a house quickly, perhaps in one day.
When you choose MoveDay as your packing and moving company, the answer is yes! We have trained, experienced teams who will carefully pack and unpack your belongings. You can choose to have us handle just some of your items or all of them. Our services are flexible, so we'll customize them to meet your specific needs.
Yes. Packing and unpacking services are not an all or nothing deal. Our motto is ‘Your Move, Your Way’ and that applies to packing as well. If you want us to only pack some items, or only a certain room, our trained packing team can absolutely help you out wherever you need it.
Also, if you don’t originally opt for packing and unpacking services for your local move, don’t worry. If you start to get overwhelmed, just access your personal moving portal. There you can confirm and add in packing services, quickly and easily.
You may absolutely add any service, including packing and unpacking, on after you enlist us as your mover. MoveDay has the flexibility and trained crew to ensure that we can accommodate any need that may come up along the way.
Moving can be very stressful, and that includes the prep work – if organizing and packing becomes too much, our trained team can come in and supply everything you need, and quickly pack and prep everything for your move with little disruption to you.
Everyone’s budget is different, and obviously packing services will cost more than a DIY pack. But typically, people who opt for packing and unpacking services think of it in terms of:
- optimizing their move timeline
- quality packing materials provided by MoveDay
- better use of their own time, related to work and family
- less risk of broken items with trained packers
Because of our in-house training, our team can come in and quickly (and properly) pack up your items, it means less disruption of your own life – not to mention relief from a task that would take you away from work and family.
Yes. With our state-of-the-art storage facilities, we are able to quickly and safely store your goods for any amount of time. Our warehouse is constantly protected with 24-hour video surveillance and a top-of-the-line fire suppression system.
The moving process isn’t always straightforward, and we know that sometimes things change. If a need for storage pops up along the way, our flexibility means that we are able to quickly accommodate that request at any point. All you need to do is access your personal moving portal, and update and confirm your storage request – no worry, no hassle.
Home moving blogs and resources
Planning a local move? MoveDay makes it a pleasant experience with our efficient moving process, attentive service and helpful resources like this complete, customizable moving checklist. Save time. Avoid headaches. Get your move day checklist, now.